Indian Mathematical Competitions
Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.
— Albert Einstein, German theoretical physicist
Listed below are the popular Indian Mathematical Competitions organized by various organizations. Appearing in these competitions help student towards the enhancement of their arithmetic and logical skills. They give them the sense of competition and gradually prepare them for various examinations they have to face in future.
The Indian National Mathematical Olympiad ( INMO ):
This is the REAL MATHEMATICAL OLYMPIAD which leads to the prestigious INTERNATIONAL MATHEMATICAL OLYMPIAD.
It is generally a three stage high school mathematics competition held annually in India. The three stages are Pre-RMO(IOQM) , RMO(Regional Mathematical Olympiad) and INMO.
INMO is the third tier in the Indian team selection procedure for the International Mathematical Olympiad and is conducted by the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) under the aegis of the National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM). Students from class-VIII are eligible to appear. For more detail on this REAL MATHEMATICAL OLYMPIAD click here.
SOF-IMO ( International Mathematics Olympiad ):
One of the most popular Math competition conducted by SOF (Science Olympiad Foundation). It is open to the students of classes 1 to 12 and consists of two levels. Apart from Math, SOF also conduct competitions in the subjects of English, Science, Cyber ,GK and other subjects. To know more and participate ,click here.
Two of the most popular among the various competitions conducted by Unified Council, Hyderabad. The exams help students improve their overall learning ability and educational performance. They also conducts competitions in English and Cyber. Students from class-2 to class-12 are eligible.To have more detail please click here.
Recommended MockTests with Explanations
The books by Terry Chew, the Singaporean Mathematician can be called the “REAL GEMs for the school students.
1) SAP Maths Olympiad Beginner-Ideal for grades 3, 4 and 5 (aged 9-10 years old)
2) SAP Maths Olympiad Intermediate-– Ideal for grades 4, 5 and 6 (aged 10-12 years old )
3) SAP Maths Olympiad Advanced – Ideal for grades 6, 7, 8 and 9 (aged 11-14 years old )
The books for the REAL Olympiads (Pre-RMO,RMO, INMO and finally IMO).
1) Indian National Mathematics Olympiad 2020 -With Solved RMO and INMO(2016-2019)questions
2) Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics– Must Have for all aspiring Math Olympian
3) Problem Primer For The Pre Regional Mathematical Olympiad– The book for the very 1st steps ,Pre-RMO and RMO.